- Program Guide
- Station Info
- Coming Up...
KCMH airs PSAs (Public Service Announcements) for churches and other non-profit organizations - at no charge - for special events and activities (such as programs, seminars, banquets, concerts, revivals, etc.) for which there is no charge. We air these announcements as time, space and manpower permit. PSAs are also included on this website calendar and on our Community Calendar on the Sonbeam Drive Time program (as time and space permits). Information about the activity must reach the KCMH studio/office at least 2 weeks prior to the event. To submit your special event or activity you may fill out the PSA form.
ACCESS Volunteers Offer Assistance with Basic Tax Returns
Date: Saturday, 02/02/2013
This is a multiday event starting on 02/01/2013 at 10:00AM and ending on 02/02/2013 at 3:00PM
Location: Donald W. Reynolds Library - Mountain Home, AR
ACCESS volunteers will be offing assistance submitting basic online income tax returns in the Computer Lab at the Donald W. Reynolds Library serving Baxter County this Friday & Saturday, February 1st & 2nd, from 10:00am to 3:00pm. Volunteers will be there to answer questions and assist people who qualify to complete their returns online. Each person will have access to online software that in interview based. The program will walk you through each question. This service is for basic returns only - no business or rental property returns. ACCESS Arkansas is a service of the Arkansas Department of Human Services.
This is a VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) Program. The VITA Program generally offers free tax help to people who make $51,000 or less and need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals in local communities. They can inform taxpayers about special tax credits for which they may qualify - such as Earned Income Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, and Credit for the Elderly or the Disabled. VITA sites are generally located at community and neighborhood centers, libraries, schools, shopping malls, and other convenient locations. There is no charge for the service.
What to Bring: The folowing items are needed in order for ACCESS volunteers to prepare your tax return. Please bring the necessary paperwork. This is a general list; so please bring any other paperwork that may be pertinent.
- Must bring valid photo identification
- Proof of Tax Residence status for taxpayer, spouse, and all dependents, if applicable
- Birth dates for primary, secondary, and dependents on the tax return
- Tuition statement from your school (Form 1098-T) if applicable
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-MISC, etc. from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from your banks (Form 1099)
- Bank routing number and account number for Direct Deposit (your bank checkbook)
- Total amount paid for day-care, if applicable
- Day-care provider's identifying number, if applicable
- A copy of last year's Federal and State tax returns, if available
- Current year's tax package, if received
- Records to substantiate any other item that you wish to include on your tax return